Monday, June 25, 2012

Linkin Park Living Things live Berlin Concert Movie review!

Hey guys,
So I usually don't do movie reviews because with album reviews, I can listen over and over and really evaluate them. Movies either you only watch once, or watch a few times. The point is, a movie review is much more difficult. However, when I heard that the Linkin Park concert movie Living Things was coming to my theater, I knew I had to see it, and review it. So here it is, my review of NCM Fathom's Linkin Park Living Things.
Me and my brother got there early and there was a half hour preshow that was basically Linkin Park youtube footage, combined with an LPU promo, and the music videos for Waiting For The End and The Catalyst. I just wish they didn't repeat it afterwards. Then the show started with The making of the Burn It Down music video. There was lots of interesting behind the scenes footage, but some of it was just the band members screwing around, which I'm not going to complain about, because I laughed. Then the Burn It Down music video started playing, letting us watch their hard work come to life. Then the concert. They opened with Faint and it rocked! They played Papercut, which isn't usually in their live shows, and to tell the truth, there was a lot of Hybrid Theory for a Living Things movie. They did, however, play Lies Greed Misery, followed by a rap verse from Until It Breaks (the third to be exact), which left me surprised they didn't play Burn It Down. They played a lot from A Thousand Suns, and even played a medley of Leave Out All The Rest, Shadow Of The Day, and Iridescent, set to the tune of Iridescent. Did I mention at one point (I forget which song) Mr. Hahn had a badass turntable solo? They closed with Bleed It Out, but then, surprise surprise! Right in the middle of Bleed It Out they did a cover of Sabotage by The Beastie Boys, and Chester killed it. They closed with the end of Bleed It Out, leaving me blown away. I was glad to see they played songs from every era of LP and it wasn't dominated by one particular album. I would like to point out they dressed so normal for rock stars. They wore button up shirts, jeans, converse, and that's it. No weird stuff (well, Chester had stretched ears, but that doesn't really count). Also, Chester can still scream like a pro. One part I laughed at was one of the fans had purple hair. The fact that so many people showed up to an LP concert in Germany, shows that LP has made their mark as a rock band and has broken the language barrier, reaching out to fans who can't even understand a word they say. I really enjoyed it, despite the fact that the woman behind me was screaming like it was a real concert (some of it justified, other times, uncalled for). Overall, I give this movie a 10 out of 10, and that is not sucking up to them. Keep on rocking Linkin Park, I will be reviewing Living Things very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment