Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Skillet - Sick Of It review

So, in the years that I've been writing on this blog, I've never done a Skillet review. I am a Skillet fan, and am excited as hell that they are finally back, with their new album Rise, which will be released in June. They've already released the lead single Sick Of It, so here is my review of that very single.
The song starts out a little electronic, but quickly turns into a heavy rock song, asking on question; Are you sick of it? This song really was meant to have a video attached, and the lyric video makes the song even more moving, with pictures from fans with written signs telling what they're sick of. The song itself is like an anthem for the video, with the angsty lyrics, and a chorus that intertwines with the photos of fans. A perfect lead single for an album called Rise, and possibly their best single since Comatose. I wasn't a huge fan of Awake, so this was really fun for me. Don't get me wrong, Awake had it's moments, but it paled in comparison to Comatose and Collide. I'm hoping the res of Rise will be as good as this song, which I'm giving an 8 out of 10. Next week I will review Save Rock And Roll by Fall Out Boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment