Saturday, August 20, 2011

Dot Dot Curve :) Smiley Mixtape Review


Hey guys, I'm back with another review.
Now DDC recently came out with a new mixtape called Smiley mixtape, and I downloaded it, and there were only 7 tracks, it looks more like an EP compared to Sick Sense Of Humor. But I decided to review it, so here is, my review on Smiley mixtape.
Track 1 is called David Banner, and I love this song. It sounds a lot like old DDC, even with Young Chi rapping, it reminded me a lot of old DDC, but there's one thing I don't get... the name. David Banner, as we all know, is the true identity of the incredible hulk. But then I thought... maybe, they mean the rapper David Banner. But who freaking knows.
The second track is called Fly Free Ft. Nitro and being that this song is mostly Nitro, I expected a lot from Nitro, and he was good, but the downside of that is, Spanky only appears twice on the song, and it's to scream the chorus, it's not that I don't like screaming, it's just I'd like to hear more from Spanky. Also, this song seems a lot shorter than it really is because of the long intro.
Track 3 is called Freak Geek With Stretched Out Earlobes and the screaming at the beginning already makes this a good song. I love this song because it's mostly screaming, and I'm glad it's mostly screaming, because when Spanky does start rapping, it sounds like crap. And is it just me, or are DDC songs getting longer?
Track 4 is called Glass of Orange Juice and I love how it starts with an intro and then gets straight to the screaming. This kind of screaming reminds me a lot of Your Ears Will Bleeping Bleed, and that's a compliment in my book. I love this song because it reminds me of their second album except without Jayreck, whether he's better or worse without Jayreck, I don't know, that's for you to decide, but I love this song.
Track 5 is called Out The Park, and this one got straight to the screaming. I'm already starting to like this mixtape better than I'm Still Here. I can't understand the Chorus, but that's an improvement because I like not being able to understand the lyrics of the chorus, cuz that's the DDC I grew up listening to. The difference between me and some other people is I didn't stop listening to DDC after Jayreck left and Spanky changed his style a bit, and it sounds like all the people who stopped listening to DDC are missing the f**k out!!!!
Track 6 is called Tats On My Face and this one looks like the shortest one on the album. I don't like how he's half screaming half rapping cuz it sounds like crap. It's got a nice beat though, and also, did he have a falling out with Young Chi somewhere along the line, cuz he's only in one song on this album and in this song he says, fuck everybody else. WTF?!?
The last track is called Wobble and I don't like how it doesn't start out with screaming but when he does scream it sounds great!!! I guess there has to be a different type song on this mixtape, after all, there's only 7 tracks on the album. To be honest this song is really annoying. I can't believe I listened to a whole 6 minutes of it but I had to to give a fair review. Besides the screaming this song is really annoying. So I finally get a DDC song longer than 5 minutes, and it's soooooooo annoying, thanks Spanky, you really made my day.
Well, that's another review, overall, I'd give this a 9 out of 10. The only reason it's not 10 out of 10 is because   Wobble sucks. Thanks for reading, cya

No comments:

Post a Comment