Friday, August 12, 2011

Forever The Living Dead - I'll Never Be Mainstream EP Review [Requested by Ricki :)]

Hey guys, I'm back with another review for you,
So, I was talking with Ricki from Forever The Living Dead, and he asked me to review his EP, and I was glad to, cuz I've been waiting to review this for a long time, so Ricki, this one's for you.
The first track is an intro called Lost In The Dubs, I don't really know if that name is supposed to be related to the fact that something is sampled in this song, but I like it. This would be good to dance to, but it probably doesn't take a lot of work to sing, because the band members don't sing in it. I'm not going to say it's lazy though because it was really sweet.
The second track is called So Gone featuring Forever Famous, and I don't know what it is with crunk bands and the word forever but this is just ridiculous. On a different note, the song is f**king awesome!!!! It's my favorite FTLD song, just because it's so awesome, and it's awesome because the beat is sweet, and the rap isn't crap, because it's awesome!!!!!!!
The third track is called E.P.I.C., and at first I didn't know what the name meant, but then I heard him say "Engaging People In Chaos" and I'm like, oh yea... E.P.I.C., Engaging People In Chaos. I heard an unfinished version of this song and it was missing a verse but all I have to say about the new verse is it's awesome. Am I the only one who gets slightly annoyed with how many times they say E.P.I.C.? And are the lyrics just too deep for me to understand or just stupid, cuz I couldn't understand the meaning behind them if there was any.
This song sounds like something Blood On The Dance Floor would make, but I still love it.
The fourth track is called So Hate Us, I'd never heard this before today and you're probably thinking "Michael, what do you think of this new FTLD song, so hate us?" Well, I like it. It's not as good as So Gone, but better than track 5 (which I will get to), I really don't have all that much to say about this song, besides it's really good.
The fifth and final track is called Throw Em Up, and I don't give many bad reviews, because I wouldn't buy something I didn't like, and I liked this EP, but as a reviewer anything I review may get criticism, and I just didn't like Throw Em Up. It wasn't boring, but I just thought it wasn't the kind of FTLD song I love. It was a bad way to end the EP. If I were FTLD I would've at least made an outro so I didn't have to end it with Throw Em Up. It's not a horrible song, just not an ending song.
Well, that's another review, this EP had it's ups and downs but all in all I'd give it a 9 out of 10, if for no other reason than 4 of the 5 songs were great. Cya :)

No comments:

Post a Comment