Sunday, December 23, 2012

Revenge of the Mini-Review: Flyleaf "Fire Fire" live video Ft. Kristen May mini-review

So, if you're a Flyleaf fan who owns a computer, you've probably heard that vocalist Lacey Sturm has left the band, and has been replaced by Kristen May, formerly of Vedera. Well, on November 19th, Flyleaf releaesd a video on YouTube of a live performance of their new song Fire Fire featuring Kristen on vocals. Now, I understand that live videos are nothing compared to the actual thing, but I thought I'd give my thoughts on the video anyway. So here is my review of "Fire Fire" live featuring Kristen May on vocals.
 Now there are a lot more pros than cons, so I'll get the cons out of the way. She doesn't have the power in her voice that Lacey had, but then again, Lacey was a phenomenal vocalist. Also she has a nasty habit of  passing over words like "it" or "is" repeatedly, but then again, she was probably catching her breath. Overall I think she did a very good job, and I enjoyed her first recorded performance with Flyleaf. However, I have said I am giving her two chances, like with Annette from Nightwish. That's all for now, I'll probably review Tre next. But here's the video, for those of you who haven't seen it.

No comments:

Post a Comment