Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sum 41 concert review

So, I've never done a concert review, but I think this deserves talking about. I was supposed to go to see Papa Roach at Uproar, but they cancelled and for me they were the main attraction, so I went to see Sum 41 at the House of Blues Orlando instead. Here is my review.
The openers were both local bands, The Sweet Escape from Port St. Lucie, and A Hero's Fate from Orlando. The Sweet Escape went on first, and they were great, they were fun to watch, and the songs were great. The same thing goes for A Hero's Fate. Then Sum 41 came on, and they were fantastic! I don't normally dance and jump around at concerts, but Sum 41 got me moving. This being 10th the anniversary tour of "Does This Look Infected" They started by playing most of that album, then they played the songs even new fans know. They played everything from Fat Lip to Screaming Bloody Murder. The encore was great, although they really made the audience beg for it. They played a punk version of "We Will Rock You by Queen, some of Sabotage by The Beastie Boys, then played Fat Lip, and closed with Pain For Pleasure. Did I mention Deryck is a phenomenal frontman, and was so much fun to watch. If it seems like I'm sucking up to them, it's because they were that good. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who likes rock music and is looking for a fun show. If you are in Canada and this applies to you, I would strongly recommend seeing them, because not only is Sum 41 there, but also Billy Talent, who are great. Overall, I give their live show a 10/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment