Saturday, October 6, 2012

Dot Dot Curve Deaf, Dumb and Blind review

I've put this off long enough, here is my review of Deaf Dumb and Blind by Dot Dot Curve.
Track 1 is called Doctor, and is another generic electronic intro which we see so much of today.
Track 2 is called Snapbacks & Tatts, and it gets straight to the good stuff. Spanky's rapping, but he also screams, which I love. I liked the lyrics a bit less than other stuff recently, but it's mostly brand new, so I'm not complaining.
Track 3 is called Hotelly YPSM remix ft. J Bigga, and I've never heard the original song, so I don't have that to compare it to, which is actually a good thing. It's pretty catchy, especially the chorus, but anything by J Bigga is catchy... well, except the verse in this song.
Track 4 is called Cockroach, which is a freestyle by Spanky, which I'd been hoping for since I'm Still Here. Spanky was great, and I loved the Shining reference. However, due to the roaches in Florida (where I live), I can't say I liked the name at first. I hope to see more freestyles from Spanky in the future.
Track 5 is called Tongue Dance, and is reminds me a lot of Spoonfull Of Sugar off Till The Wheels Fall Off, well, besides the subject matter. This is simply put, a song about making out, but you picked that up from the lyrics.
Track 6 is called BottleAfterBottle Ft. BayBay, and I wasn't into this song the first time, and I'm still not. I like DDC, and I don't mind BayBay, but I just don't like this song. I didn't mind the chorus though.
Track 7 is called PartyOnTheMoon ft. Envy (You know, from Scene Kidz), and while I like the verses, I don't like the chorus. Spanky is growling at a point between screaming and rapping, and Envy is doing that annoying thing where she raps like a little girl with a swearing problem (I never liked rappers that did that). I don't mind Envy, I love obSCENE, but I just didn't like the chorus or Envy's verse... at all.
Track 8 is called Area 51 ft. N!tro, and at first I thought it would be one of those songs that belongs on a N!tro album, but this was a great ending. This isn't brand new, but it feels new to me because I didn't bother to download it when it was free. N!tro has a great verse, and he's a pretty good singer for a rapper. Spanky has a great verse, and chorus, and the song ends, bringing the EP with it.
Overall thoughts: 7/10. While this EP had it's moments, at times I just didn't enjoy it. Nasty was so much better, but I still did enjoy tracks like Snapbacks and Tatts, Cockroach, and Area 51. I was just glad to see 6 out of 8 songs being brand new after Dead Beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment